Friday, October 25, 2013

Free Candy Day

All right peoples, the time has come! For us to reclaim our homeland! Just kidding- that's December 13th. The current event that will be taking place in 5 days is... you guessed it... HALLOWEEN! Or Hallow's Eve. Or Free Candy Day. I refer it it as National Free Candy Day, so don't be caught too off guard when I make numerous references to a day that doesn't actually exist. Moving on, I just want to spend a little time recognizing how awesome this one holiday of the year is, and why people (yes- even adults) should participate in it. Now, to begin my rant... muahahaha...

1. It's FREE Candy Day!!!!

Seriously. There's one day a year when you go to other people's houses and they freely give out their possessions. And by possessions, I mean delicious goodness. Who wouldn't want that?

2. Cosplaying, LARPing, dressing up... Whatever you might call it.

I'm used to cosplaying, so I'm going to use that term. Basically, the people who participate in Halloween can make their own costumes, or order them online, or pick them up at the store on the day before just to find that stores don't even sell good Halloween costumes anyways. The way I see it, people can spend a long time making a costume, and they should be allowed to wear it at least twice a year. The other time for any comic-con or anime convention in the local vicinity. And usually, other people do a wonderful job! Like, they do it so well, that you just want their autograph because of how awesome they look. I've seen adults to it at anime conventions, and they look amazing in their specially outfitted masterful works of art. Moving on.

3. Scaring teenagers

I don't care what you say. The best feeling in the world is the screams of teenagers. Personally, I like scaring the teenage guys a little more (just a tiny bit more), since they are tough to scare. And when they scream... oh man... it's the best. You just feel like you've accomplished something big in life.

For the past 3 years, I have been helping set up a haunted house at one of my friend's house, you know, going through the garage, and going out the side door through the backyard... fun stuff. Two years ago I sat motionless behind a table, where atop sat the magical bowl of candy. It was the best. I can hear their screams now... [reminiscent thoughts initiated]... Anyways, last year, I was Slenderman, and I just snuck up behind them when their back was turned. That was actually the year the game Slender came out. Surprisingly, not many people were scared my me. That's all going to change this year [when the fire nation attacked]. *cough*. This year, I'm going to be impersonating Dampe! Who knows the Legend of Zelda series? Anybody? Any one? No? Dampe is the grave-keeper, and he's a hunchback who always carries around a shovel and a lantern. That's what I'll be doing! I'll be stomping on this pedal next to a coffin that makes thumping noises against the wood of the coffin, like it's coming from the coffin! Oh well, enough of that rant. NEXT.

4. Hanging out with friends

This is by far the best. Nobody wants to go house to house by themselves. Then eat their candy in a dark corner all alone and cry. People want to spend a night walking around the neighborhood, collecting people's sugary pieces of amazingness. Gotta catch 'em all!

That's my shpiel. Yes, I spelled shpiel wrong. Get used to it. I make up words. I love Halloween. It's one of my favorite holidays. What's your favorite holiday? Or what additional things do/don't you like about Halloween? Comment below! And thanks for reading, you awesome person!


No comments:

Post a Comment